Search This Blog

Thursday, September 4, 2014

Book Haul/Bookstores Review!




This post will be a book haul/bookstores review!
First is the book haul:
1) The first book (you can’t see it, too small :0) is Plan de Paris par Arrondissment. This is in french FYI! This book is a map of all the districts in Paris (#hungergames). These are hard to explain but I went to this antique bookstore and I saw it and was like, “wOaH this is so cooooool!” So I bought it!
2) Next is Masterman Ready by Captain Marryat. All I know is that it takes place at sea. I also got this at the antique bookstore because 1) gorgeous cover and 2) sounds interesting!!
3) Then we have Looking for Alaska by John Green (go follow him on google+ +John Green and on Instagram @ johngreenwritesbooks. Check out his Youtube channel with his brother Hank "Vlogbrothers" and check out his other books too because they are amazing, An Abundance of Katherine's, Paper Towns, Will Grayson, Will Grayson (with David Levithan) and The Fault in Our Stars), … everyone knows this book. But for the very little amount of people who don’t know what this book is about, I’ll break it down for you. So when Miles “Pudge” Halter goes to boarding school, he encounters the gorgeous, clever, funny, self-destructive and utterly fascinating Alaska Young and let's just say his life is anything but safe.
4) The next book I already had when I was in Cape Cod and that is The One by Kiera Cass. I am not going to explain what this book is about because it is the third and final installment of The Selection series and no spoilers!!
5) This other book I also had before the book shopping on The Cape and that is Cinder by Marissa Meyer. I am currently reading this so I also won’t be summing this book up for you all.
Then we have the one, the only, Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare (Collectors first edition EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK!)!!! WOOOOO! I haven’t read this series yet (I know, I know, really late on the bandwagon on this one) and this is the third and final installment to The Infernal Devices so there goes another “what it’s about” section!
Then we have Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte. There is no description so just one more “no explanation omg Ella I hate you so much” section.
Then we have The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey. My dad brought that to read (cuz I lent it to him) and finished it and loved it so...yea! I did a review on this book so if you want to know more about it, go check out the review!
Now we have the store review! I got Wuthering Heights, Masterman Ready and the Paris book at Parnassus Book Service, they sell really gorgeous old books and I loved it there. They mostly had used books, but they were so beautiful and so was the store as a whole. The woman that worked there was so nice and was always smiling and took such good care of the books! I would definitely rate the book store a 3.5 out of 5 stars. My only criticism about this bookstore was, at sometimes the owner of the store was soo overprotective with the really old books, which I totally understand, it’s just that you are a bookstore, you are supposed to be encouraging reading and exploration, not wearing gloves whenever you touch a book or not letting the customers touch the book at all. The website for this bookstore is www.parnassusbooks.com , go check them out!
Next we have Yellow Umbrella Books. I got Clockwork Princess and Looking for Alaska there. I honestly love, love, love this store so much. I've been going there since I was a kid. They have such a good organizing system. When you are right in front of the store, there are free books that people give away...HOW AWESOME IS THAT?????? Then when you walk in, right in the middle of the room, there are journals and jewelry about books and bookmarks and old books! Then on your right, there are hardcover classics and stuff like that. Then on your left, there are all paperbacks and old books and just, if you live in Chatham and shop on main street, you know what I’m talking about. They have such a cute, but awesome YA section. I would give this bookstore 5 stars because it is such an awesome bookstore and I have such good memories and UGH IT IS SO PERFECT!!
Sorry this was so long!
I love you all sooooo much! Thanks and bye!
xoxo
-Ella

1 comment:

  1. I love this post! I especially love the bookstore reviews. What a great idea! And of course I love Yellow Umbrella Books! I have great memories of it from when I was a kid, too!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete