Thursday, September 25, 2014
So yes, I love buying books online, it is totally fine! I love the rush you get when you look in your mailbox and a package is there for you or when you parent or guardian says "There is a package for you" when you get home. But it is so much more exciting to drive to the bookstore and find the book you want and bring it home with you. BOOM the little bookstores go... vanish into thin air then BOOM POW there goes borders!!!!!!!!!!! Then you are left with the 30-45 minute drive to B&N. Now I go to B&N with one or probably two books in mind that I am desperate to get. So I search those stupid shelves for 10 or 15 minutes and then find the book. 90% of the time, that happens, but then you are stuck with the other 10%. When I first don't find the book, I say to myself "Ella, it's all good. Just double check" SO then I double check and the books are still not there and I am getting a bit pissed. Then I am dragging myself to the customer service box. THEN this happens:
Me: Hi, do you have Lola and The Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins?
B&N person: One sec....
Me: ok ok...
B&N person: Is this what you are looking for? *shows Anna*
B&N person: Then we do not have that yet.
Me: Oh, ok that's fine. Do you have Doon by Carie Corp and Lorie Langdon?
B&N person: Nope not here. Do you want to order it in?
Me thinking: YEA I DROVE 45 MINUTES TO GET HERE JUST FOR YOU TO ORDER IT FOR ME BECAUSE I CLEARLY CANNOT WORK THE INTERNET..... Me Talking: No thanks.
THEN I walk around a little bit and I pass Looking for Alaska.
Me thinking: Don't have this, let's get it.
SO I go to the check out counter and THIS happens:
B&N person: Next!!
B&N person: Hi, this is a good one.
Me: So I've heard.
B&N person: *starts convo about it then spoils me*
Me thinking: YEA OK I JUST CAME HERE TO HAVE YOU START A CONVO ABOUT THIS BOOK, SPOIL ME AND THEN YOU JUST GIVE ME THE BOOK BACK LIKE NOTHING HAPPENED BECAUSE THAT IS WHAT HAPPENED TODAY
B&N person: Thanks, have a good day.
PIPE THE CRAP DOWN B&N, PIPE THE CRAP DOWN
Sorry about that rant, this thing just pisses me off. Maeve could not post today because she is very busy. WE ALL STILL LOVE HER THO!!
Love you all so so so so much! Thanks and Bye!!